adding .wmf files

I've installed the .wmf filters in word but still can't open up a Dia drawing in word.
All I'm gettting is this:
×ÍÆš      hSû|@8    Â@
I may be doing something wrong. So if you could send me instructions on how to import a Dia diagram into word I would most greatful
thanks in advance
Dai

http://www.crazybiker.net