Answer [Re: cannot change shape fill color]

> > > in the properties dialog for the shape created you can turn fill on or
> > > off, you can change the line color but if you try and change the fill the
> > > dialog will let you but the color change wont actually work.
> >
> > I've just changed successfully the fill colour of the MSE "Node Center" shape.
> > I encountered no problems.
>
> I can do that too.  So the problem must be in the shape export.
>
> Thanks i will take a look at it and try and figure out what modifications
> i need to make to my shapes to allow their fill color to be changed.
>
> When i figure it out i will add an Request for Enhancement in bugzilla
> against the Shape Export.

For the record the answer to my problem:

The shape export was settting the color to white
style="fill: #ffffff"
instead of
style="fill: default"

if someone tells me where the the shape exporter lives, i would like to
try and submit a patch for this.  (Failing that i will submit a bug
report).

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://matrix.netsoc.tcd.ie/~horkana/dia/