UML Class / Association XML Ordering

I've created a diagram in Dia with multiple classes and associations. The
outputted XML file (.dia save file) seems to always put the Class
definition before the Association definition (which I like), but I would
like to see if this is on purpose or merely an accident and if it's likely
to remain that way forever.

In other words, if I'm creating a SQL output file and in my program I
assume at the time of the Association definition that the two IDs it
references are already-parsed Class definitions, will I be okay?

Thanks,
--
Tim Ellis
DBA, Gamet