RE: Font scaling [Was: XML file format - Linux vs Windows]

> Ian Britten wrote:
>
> On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Lars Clausen wrote:
>
> > We have, and I did in fact make a renderer that uses it.
> If you take the
> > 0.90 tarball and compile with --enable-freetype, you can see pretty
> > antialiased TrueType fonts.
>
> I started out to try this, but am running into a SEGV :-(  I haven't
> looked too closely at it yet, so I'm not sure whether its dia
> (0.90) or
> freetype (2.0.9).
> Here's the stacktrace, in case anyone recognises it:

> 0x4036f610 in ps2_hints_apply () from /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6
> (gdb) where
> #0  0x4036f610 in ps2_hints_apply () from /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6
> #1  0x403517ca in FT_Get_Postscript_Name () from
> /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6
> #2  0x080a2d55 in dia_add_freetype_font ()
> #3  0x4024ddaf in g_hash_table_foreach () from
> /usr/lib/libglib-1.2.so.0
> #4  0x080a3504 in font_init ()
> #5  0x0806fc53 in app_init ()
> #6  0x0809b5a7 in main ()
> #7  0x4041a5b0 in __libc_start_main () from /lib/libc.so.6
>
> If I find anything more, I'll let you know.  (FWIW, I'm
> pretty sure that
> we use FT_Get_Postscript_Name() when printing, and it works
> for us :-/)

If you load lib/font.c and enable LARS_TRACE_MESSAGES (on line 75), then you
will get lots and lots of messages in your terminal when you run Dia, but
that will help you to locate the problem. I'm worried it's my code :-(
Please, if you can, do this and send us the output. You may also wish to do
a ./configure --enable-debug and then make clean in the lib directory.

Regards,
Rob.