Re: Is it possible to add water pumping wells diagrams to Dia?

Le Wed, Jun 12, 2002, à 12:38:08AM +0200, Cyrille Chepelov a écrit:
> Le Tue, Jun 11, 2002, à 04:09:47PM -0500, Julio Sergio Santana a écrit:
>

> > programming. Is it possible to add a new set of symbols with this
> > behaviour to
> > the current version of Dia?
>
> Sure. Dia is GPL. You'll want to search this list's archives (this month or
> late May) to find Pierre Pronchery's document on plug-in writing.

I had the time -- at long last ! -- yesterday (EDT) evening to finally
analyse Pierre's document. There are many good things in it; I've sent him a
long list of remarks (written in the most efficient encoding for the two of
us -- I didn't feel like reading in French and writing remarks in English,
context switches are too costly). One HUGE caveat, though, I will reflect
here: do *NOT* take the ER objects as models. In general, if the object
you're looking at is making *any* XML or GTK calls, don't walk, run. Modern
objects define a couple structures, and only do memory management, drawing,
and movement/mouse hits. Persistence and properties are solely handled by
dia's core.

Grumpf.