Re: Dia 0.90 on Solaris

Dimitri Papadopoulos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build Dia 0.90 on Solaris. I get the following error:
>
>         $ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/dia-0.90 --with-libart-prefix=/usr/local/libart
>         [...]
>         Configuration:
>                 Source code location:   .
>                 Compiler:               cc
>
>                 Libart (AA rendering, png export):      yes
>
>                 Gnome support:                          no
>                 Build bonobo component (not supported): no
>                 Gnome-print support (not recommended):  no
>
>                 Python support:                         no
>                 (LIMITED) Freetype support:             no
>
>         Unicode not present. This will NOT build.
>         Now type make to build dia.
>         $
>         $ gmake
>         [...]
>         cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. [...] -c diagramdata.c
>         cc: Warning: illegal option -finline-functions
>         cc: Warning: illegal option -fstrict-aliasing
>         "./charconv.h", line 149: cannot find include file: <unicode.h>
>         "./charconv.h", line 150: syntax error before or at: unichar
>         "./charconv.h", line 150: warning: old-style declaration or incorrect type for: unichar
>         "./charconv.h", line 192: syntax error before or at: charconv_utf8_get_char
>         "./charconv.h", line 192: warning: old-style declaration or incorrect type for: charconv_utf8_get_char
>         "./handle.h", line 22: warning: forward declaring enum: _HandleId
>         "./handle.h", line 23: warning: forward declaring enum: _HandleType
>         "./handle.h", line 24: warning: forward declaring enum: _HandleMoveReason
>         "./handle.h", line 25: warning: forward declaring enum: _HandleConnectType
>         "diagramdata.c", line 429: warning: operands have incompatible pointer types: op "=="
>         cc: acomp failed for diagramdata.c
>         [...]
>         $
>
> What is this <unicode.h> file? Why is it needed? Could someone
> help me work around this problem?
>
> Dimitri

Edit the config.h file and comment the macro definition below (be carefull, there
are two such lines in the file, maybe to be sure UNICODE_WORK_IN_PROGRESS
is defined ;-)
/* Cyrille's work towards UTF-8 */
#define UNICODE_WORK_IN_PROGRESS

Then it will compile. Maybe Cyrille will be able to say what won't work
after that.

--
Philippe Levérone.