Re: [Announce] dia 0.90 is released !

Thank you for notification. I've updated FreeBSD port to that version
so that pre-built dia FreeBSD package should be available from the
automatic packaegs builing facility. There were few problems with that
release:

1. On some systems nl_langinfo(CODESET) could return empty string in
some curcumstances, which confuses libunicode and leads to a SEGV.
Simple workaround for that is available from:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/graphics/dia/files/patch-lib%3a%3acharconv.c.
I would like to see this integrated into the next official release.

2. Check for operating system (Win32/X11) to select proper fallback
font is reversed, which also could lead to SEGV, as there is no
`system' font on X11. Also it would be nice to extend list of fallback
fonts to allow dia use courier-medium font from another family if
there is no adobe family installed (e.g. cronyx etc). See the
following patch:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/graphics/dia/files/patch-lib%3a%3afont.c.

3. There is direct call to glib-config in the configure script around
line 7915 which should be replaced with more appropriate $GLIB_CONFIG.

4. There is no pre-built documentation/help in the package. This is
bad, because not all people installing dia from sources would bother
to install zillion packages necessary for building documentation.
Previous dia versions were shipped with pre-built documentation and it
would be nice if this good tradition would be renewed in the
subsequent releases.

Other than that looks fine, please keep up good work and drop us a
note when a new version is released.

-Maxim