UML Shapeset fork to ERD shapeset

> I shall eventually copy UML shapeset, create another called ERD, and
> change the syntax to be SQL specific so there doesn't have to be a
> vocabulary mapping anymore.

It just occurred to me that since UML and ERD will be 99% similar with
mainly only a vocubulary difference, that it might be wise not to fork UML
& ERD.

What would you list subscribers guess would be the best method for *NOT*
forking the UML shapeset, and renaming the labels & values for various
checkboxes, text boxes, etc?

Here's a quick example:

On the Class shape, there is a checkbox on the Class tab called
"Abstract" which for ERD I would call "View." Also, under the Attributes
tab, there's a drop-down labelled "Visibility" which I would relabel
"Column Type" and the values would be not
Public/Private/Protected/Implementation but Normal/PK.

Being a non-coder, my guess is there needs to be a pre-processor that
generates both class.c and dbclass.c which are different in those subtle
ways...?

Or is it quicker/easier just to fork the shapeset and try to keep the
updates consistent across both shapesets?

--
Tim Ellis
Senior Database Architect