Re: Crazy colours in CVS dia

On Sat, 20 Jul 2002, ml@knorke.in-berlin.de wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 01:16:36PM -0500, Lars Clausen wrote:
>> Your dependencies look fine.  Could you give a screenshot of this?  Does
>> it happen immediately or only after you do something in particular?
>
> I will send you a screenshot tomorrow in private mail, OK?

Ok.

> This happens immediately, and as soon as I try to do sth.
> the colours change to other tones, equally ugly.  Btw. I
> see also a lot of smearing when moving objects.

Is this on an 8-bit display using colormaps instead of TrueColor?  That's
the only thing I can think of would do that.  We don't do any funny stuff
with colors.  Some of the smearing is from imperfect bounding boxes and the
debugging Xes on text, but it hasn't seemed like a lot to me.

> Other infos: I build dia with ./configure --enable-debug=yes
> and make -k and ran it via rm -rf ~/.dia/; ./app/run_dia.sh
> or so.  I also have the latest dia 0.90 installed, is there
> a conflict, maybe?  And, of course, I run gnome2 and xfree
> 4.2 - at least the latter from some Debian experimental
> branch.  OTOH, with xfree 4.2 I had less problems than with
> any previous version.

I don't think there's a conflict with 0.90.  I don't know of problems with
XFree 4.2, but I don't have any positive reports either.  That has some
potential for being the problem.