Text in EPS export

Hi,

I was trying to use the Dia EPS export and replace text in it with the
psfrag package (for LaTeX). Unfortunately, this didn't work, since the
exported EPS file apparently includes the text in a different way than
just as normal text. So, my procedure now is to export it to .fig and
run fig2dev to convert it to eps.
Is there any other way of doing this?

Koen