Re: 'Pipe' export feature (was: Re: Bug #86375 can be closed...)

On 2002-07-16 at 17:17 -0500, Lars Clausen wrote:

> > Also, I think this would be best implemented using a
> > special pseudo-export filter for dia, which would read the
> > appropriate config. files and add the appropriate 'export
> > file types'.
> >
> > This seems a fairly major idea: what do the maintainers
> > think? Should this be filed as a wishlist bug?
>
> While a majorly useful idea, I think it'd be quite easy to
> implement as well.  It's just a backend for the normal
> exporter.  Hmmm... if libxml has some generic filter function
> (it has a specialized one for compression), you could use
> that.  Seems it does:
> http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-xmlio.html
>
> For a first implementation, I'd suggest not worrying about
> the config files, just reading a shell line during export.

Tim, could I politely suggest then that you file this a
wishlist bug with a summary of what we've talked about here, so
that it doesn't get lost? I don't know if you want to implement
this (I don't even know if you are a developer!) --- I
certainly won't be able to take a look at this for another
month or so, so if someone else wants to have a go, feel free,
but if no-one has done it by then I might take it up.

Regards,
Andrew.

--
Andrew Ferrier