Re: 'Pipe' export feature (was: Re: Bug #86375 can be closed...)

On 2002-07-16 at 14:10 -0700, Tim Ellis wrote:

> > Dia would have a configuration directory (something like
> > /usr/share/dia/exportpipes.d).
>
> Overridden by ~/.dia/<thesame>

Maybe --- this would be a 'not much extra effort' feature. But
tedia2sql and similar would be system-wide, would they not? I
suppose a user might want to write their own, extra, wierd
add-on.

> > When programs such as tedia2sql got installed, they would
> > install a configuration file in this directory which would
> > specify what pipes, scripts etc. dia needed to use in order
> > to transform the file from it's native .dia to (to use the
> > example above) .sql. Each of these files would then appear
> > as another export filter in Dia's export types list.
>
> This sounds like a better solution than what I had in mind.

Also, I think this would be best implemented using a special
pseudo-export filter for dia, which would read the appropriate
config. files and add the appropriate 'export file types'.

This seems a fairly major idea: what do the maintainers think?
Should this be filed as a wishlist bug?

Cheers,
Andrew.

--