Testing under Win32, Python, SVG and cygwin

Dear All,
I am running some backlogs at work and decided to test dia under win2k.
The SVG export is very impressive with the adobe plugin.
The PNG looks flawless....

I am interested in using the python scripting as the start of my
adventures in customizing DIA.... Many people use Python, and perl can
interface into Python as well, inline::python...

That would give a nice way to isolate the proposed layout code from the
dia and also understand the structure of the application.

Anyway,
So I have installed python2.2.1 and diawin32, also downloaded
the patches. I had to put the dia\bin stuff in my path, and play with
the python_start.py to get it to load first.
__FILE__ was not know, i guess that is argv[0], so i just hacked it.

The plugin says that it is loaded, but i dont know how it works or how
to use it.... Anyone on the dia chat on openprojects.net care to help?

thanks,
mike

=====
James Michael DuPont