Re: XFig vs. dia 5:1

Hi,

thanks for your comments.

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 03:33:55PM +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
> i assume you did find the dashed lines feature which is set from the
> bottom of the toolbox window.

I meant hatches in respect to area, not line style.

> Any shapes in particular?  I like drawing new shapes for Dia when i am
> not too busy.

No, nothing in particular, but it would be cool too just use
the XFig stuff.

> If you can reproduce these crasher bugs please file them in
> bugzilla.gnome.org
> If you can run a debugger and send (as a link not as an attachment)
> stack traces i am fairly sure Cyrille said he was willing to look at
> them.

That's what I did successfully in the past, but it's a
matter of time - sometimes I just have to finish a diagram
:-)

> interoperability might be a better way to spend coding effort but to each
> his own, good luck if you do decide to port it.  "XFig versus Dia" this is
> not a fight, if both work well together and both allow people to get stuff
> done and choose the best software for the job then we all win.  (i am
> probably taking you too literally).

As always in free software, I meant this to be productive
competition and not a "fight".

Cheers!