Re: Visible UML Comments

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, mattam@netcourrier.com wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 09:01:37AM -0500, Lars Clausen wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, mattam@netcourrier.com wrote:
>> >
>> > Well, the menu code was much of an experiment and I didn't finish it
>> > :) I'm gonna fix this right now, thanks for the pointer.  I'll add
>> > switches for attributes and operations visibility as well.  Any other
>> > switch someone think of ?
>>
>> Abstract class, template class, maybe Suppress Attributes/Operations (I
>> never liked that visible+suppressed thing, is that a normal UML thing?
>>

> 	I attached a patch for the class object menu with switches for
> visible comments, attributes or operations, and abstract and template
> class toggles.  It uses a workaround to have the menu labels dynamically
> change (show/hide).

As I threatened, I added to the object menu structure the ability to use
CheckMenuItems.  What was formerly just a boolean field active is now a
flag field with flags

DIAMENU_ACTIVE -- user can select the item
DIAMENU_TOGGLE -- this item is a CheckMenuItem
DIAMENU_TOGGLE_ON -- this CheckMenuItem should be checked.

I think that should cover the things you want to do, so you don't need to
do that workaround, but can just have a static structure like in line.c

> 	I'm not sure Template class switch is useful, since you need to
> type formal parameters, but why	not?

Oh, right.  Doesn't make much sense, then.  The checkbox for Template class
in the dialog should go away, then.

> 	I do not understand what suppress attributes/operations do, as
> they have the same behavior as show attributes/operations. Am I wrong?
> Anyway I don't think they have anything to do with UML, so we can get
> rid of it if nobody sees it as a must.

They were added by Alex.