[dia] Re: diagrams for physics and chemistry

Salut mes amis francais

If you want to draw shapes yourself read this
http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/faq.html#AddingShapes
and this too
http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/custom-shapes
(could one of the developers please give that file a .txt extension or
change its mime type settings, mozilla win32 wont open it and tries to
download it)

When i have time i would be happy to draw shapes, but unfortunatley i dont
have much time at the moment (study and need to find a part time job).  I
spent some time drawing shapes last week and it is easy to get started,
just draw the shapes in dia, when you are finished export a copy of the
shape as filename.shape.  Then you can use the 'Sheets and Objects' dialog
in the File menu to add the shapes to the existing sheets (i think i filed
a bug report about not being able to add a new sheet, if if i forgot
my-bad, mae culpa)

If you file a report in the dia section of bugzilla.gnome.org it will make
it much easier to find out what people want.

Good clear and detailed descriptions or examples would be helpful

Please use seperate bug reports for different catgories
(a sheet of Physics shapes would probably need to be seperate from
a sheet of Chemistry Shapes)

I am wondering if there is a web archive of the discussion at your LUG?
I would be interested to know what other programs you have looked at (i
will have to ask my friends who study chemistry and physics here in
Trinity what software they use on Linux and BSD)

There are other extensions such as the SVG importer that would make it
easier to convert shapes created in other programs.
Recently some file converters that use XSLT have been added, there might
be someone in your group who could write an XSLT to convert Kivio Stencils
into dia shapes

J'espere que ca t' aider

Cordialement

Alan Horkan