  GCC 2.96.2
  gdk-pixbuf devel 0.8.0-5
  libxml.so.1.8.9
  gtk-2.0
  libxml-devel-1.8.9-5

  Cannot find xml-i18n-tools package.

  I compiled and ran dia 0.88.1

  Middle button problem:
   You must have the mouse cursor arrow on a red square when you click
the
   middle button. If it is out in the open you will always get the
"undo..."
   error message. When I had an association line with three red boxes,
and
   put the cursor arrow over the middle box and clicked both mouse
buttons, I
   was able to add two new red boxes, one on each side of the one I was
focused
   on. If I tried the same thing with the red boxes at the ends, I got
no
   visiable result from choosing "Add a segment."

  Getting an navigation arrow to point to the left:
   If you click on the right button and slide down to dialog->properties

   Then on "Side A" you click "show arrow" and then "apply" you will
have
   to look very closely at the left side of the left-most red box, or
even
   in the red box to see just the head of an arrow.
   If you then click the left button and slide to view and then choose
   zoom in you will see that you have a complete navagation arrow.
   It will be normal when you zoom back out.

   If before zooming back out you go back into properties and untoggle
   Side A "show arrow", then apply, you will see a small area at the
head
   of the arrow disappear. Doing the zooms again will show the arrow
gone.

   By the way the arrow still point to the right which is no good.

   Thanks
    aust@frontiernet.net