RE: Unit selection input

>> Thats moving toward a unification of vector illustration being with
>> diagramming, and Im aware that diagramming is dia's focus, though I
>> think that
>> the two are inherently similar.

>Hmmm... this sounds like a thing for after version 1.0.

definitely, it would be a big change

>If you feel like code, you shall be more than welcome to pick up the
>FreeType code, it's all in CVS.  I've gotten stuck in the rendering
part
>and do other stuff right now.

I have messed around with the freetype code before- its big and has
alot of subtle parts- but what I was thinking is that you may not need,
and will probably be better avoiding the integration of freetype.
If you render your fonts directly, then you have to have direct access
to the .ttf's, which is not ideal.

Once the render interface settles, dia could do all the fancy font
rendering with rotation/scaling/offsetting directly with the xserver
or through the GDI, and avoid the mess that open office and abiword
got into (wrt fonts)