Re: font problem and overly-huge diagram

Hi.

> > When I fire up dia, I get the following messages
> >
> >   Warning no X Font for Courier-Oblique found,
> >   using -adobe-courier-medium-r-normal-*-%d-*-*-*-*-*-*-* instead
> >   Warning no X Font for Helvetica-Bold found,
> >   using -adobe-courier-medium-r-normal-*-%d-*-*-*-*-*-*-* instead
> >   Warning no X Font for Helvetica-BoldOblique found,
> >   using -adobe-courier-medium-r-normal-*-%d-*-*-*-*-*-*-* instead
>
> missing fonts. Install the relevant packages.

>From where may these be obtained?  I'm running version 4.1.0-3 of
XFree86.  I could give you a list of all the fonts available on our
system, if that would help.

> > Finally, the diagram appears to be Really Huge.  As an example,
> > when I printed UML-demo.dia, it took up seven US-letter sized pages.
>
> Use the print settings dialog to set the scale. The (dark) blueish lines (on
> the main canvas) indicate page breaks (by default, light blue lines are on a
> 1cm * 1cm grid)

Apparently, you mean the Page Setup dialog under the File menu.  From
said dialog, I set the page size to be Letter and the Scaling to be
"Fit to 1 by 1".  This works fine for the particular document I was
working on (UML-demo.dia).

However, when I went to a new document, the A4 choice was selected,
along with "Fit to 1 by 1".  I reset the page size to Letter, but the
scaling was still wrong.  I eventually wound up setting the scaling to
35.2 (this is the value that worked from the UML-demo), and all was
well.

Is there some way to have the Page Setup choices be universal?  Thanks.

--
Art Werschulz (8-{)}   "Metaphors be with you."  -- bumper sticker
GCS/M (GAT): d? -p+ c++ l u+(-) e--- m* s n+ h f g+ w+ t++ r- y?