Re: segfault starting dia built from dia-CVS-20020105-0823.tar.gz

Le lun, jan 07, 2002, à 02:06:53 -0800, Carol Farlow Lerche a écrit:

> I rebuilt with --enable-debug=yes and got this backtrace with gdb.  My
> gtk library is /usr/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.0.9.0 on a Redhat 7.1 machine.
> I had to delete the language support for TW in the po directory and
> shove my perl path into xml-i18n-merge.in manually to get it to
> complete the configure/make/make install cycle without stopping, so
> maybe that broke something.  Should the snapshots not be used, Cyril?

The snapshots give the same sources as what I can configure on my machine.
But yes, I've definitely got to fix the xml-i18n-tools issue.

> I am trying to get a version later than the .88 one but was uncertain
> as to the stability/consistency of the CVS repository, since much work
> seems to be in process.  I am completely unfamiliar with gtk, and my
> distro's gtk library is not built with debugging symbols.  Any advice
> would be appreciated. dia was invoked as /usr/local/bin/dia with no
> arguments.  (argv[0]="/usr/local/bin/dia").

You can run a self-compiled dia without installing it, just run
app/run_dia.sh from the main dia directory.

> #0  0x4044cdab in strlen () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
> #1  0x4011972c in gtk_accelerator_parse () at eval.c:41
> #2  0x4017b85b in gtk_item_factory_add_item () at eval.c:41
> #3  0x4017d19f in gtk_item_factory_create_item () at eval.c:41
> #4  0x4017c566 in gtk_item_factory_create_items_ac () at eval.c:41
> #5  0x4017c449 in gtk_item_factory_create_items () at eval.c:41
> #6  0x08082efd in menus_init () at menus.c:707
> #7  0x08083118 in menus_get_toolbox_menubar (menubar=0xbffff918,
>     accel_group=0xbffff914) at menus.c:764

It looks like there is a NULL string somewhere in the menus passed to gtk
which your version of GTK doesn't like.

Hmmm. This sounds very similar from a report a few days ago. Does building
with GNOME solve the problem ?

Grumpf.