Re: Printing in Dia 0.88.1 win32

At 14:01 27.12.01 +0100, Gerbrand van Dieijen wrote:
>Hello,
>
>when I print in Dia 0.88 for Win32 under MS Windows 98 to a networkprinter
>(don't know if the same applies to local printers), the printjob isn't
>actually started after a new printjob in another windows program is started.

I also noticed this but never found a workaround, despite ...

  To: dia-list@lysator.liu.se, <dia-list@lysator.liu.se>
  From: Hans Breuer <hans@breuer.org>
  Subject: Re: Printing / DIA /Win32

  At 15:11 25.02.01 -0500, Vincent Kelly wrote:
  >Is it possible to print in the Win32 version of DIA.
  >I use Windows ME with a Lexmark Z11 printer and am not familiar with the
  >Print UI in DIA.
  Are you familiar with programming the Printer API on win32? Than you could
  take the source of plug-ins/wmf/wmf.cpp and parts of app/paginate_psprint.c
  and implement native windoze GDI printing.

This is finally done. Current cvs includes the code to interlink
the wmf plug-in with the win32 print api. It is currently only
tested with FinePrints PDF-Factory on win98 but I'm confident
that it's working with almost all windoze printer drivers
(not limited to postscript printers like the previous version) ...

>Also, under Windows 2000 I can't print at all, when I use print, a I get the
>error "Could not run command '\\SERVER\HP LaseserJet 8100 Series PS'.

There probably was an error message written to the console window,
which may contain the real reason.

>Does anyone else have this problem, is there a workaround (like a different
>'command' in the printer textfield) and does the new cvs problem still have
>this problem (I could not yet compile it, still have to try it)?

You may want to give the all new Dia-0.89 version a try (or
wait some days until I've tested it a little more). Anyway
it is available at:

http://hans.breuer.org/dia/dia-0.89.htm

	Hans