RE: Floor plans?

Greg,

Firstly, look at Q29 of the FAQ. What I've written below is somewhat
repeated there.

Take a look at the file doc/custom-shapes (wherever you have installed dia -
try locate custom-shapes). It is brief on details, but is a good starter.
Also look at the shapes/Circuit and sheets/Circuit.sheet for good examples.
Note that it is not possible to rotate shapes to arbitrary angles which
means you may have to produce two shapes at 90degrees to each other
(180degree and mirroring is possible with custom-shapes).

Or, there is a plugin (shapes-export) which allows shape files and their
.xpm (the icon for the toolbox) to be exported from dia. This would possbily
be a good starting point especially if the shapes are complex.

Regards,
Rob.