Re: Dia start errors on Win 98

On Wednesday 13 February 2002 14:54, you wrote:

> Alternatively - this is for people responsible for Windows port - could
> you add something in the installer which checks for presence
> of HOME directory and if it does not exist creates it ?
> I am quite suru folks who ask these questions do not compile dia
> themselves but use binary installer.

I'm haven't done windows development in a while but...

IIRC there is a registry key that is quite close to the "home directory", at
least on NT/2000/XP.  I forget the name of the key but it maps to
%WINNT%\profiles\%CURRENT_USER% which is the NT home directory.  A good
alternative might be to use the "My Documents" folder is defined on all Win32
platforms IIRC (the name of that reg key escapes me as well,  but it wouldn't
be to hard to track down).

Richard Rowell
rwrowell@bellsouth.net

If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves
upon execution. - Robert Sewell