Dia start errors on Win 98

Hi,

I am a new user of Dia.  I have installed the Win 32 version (v0.88) and am running it on a Win 98 environment.  When I start Dia, I receive the following messages:

** WARNING ** Could not create per user Dia config directory

Glib-critical **: file gstr func.c: line 197: assertion ‘string1 !=NULL’ failed.

Any ideas on how to proceed?  Thank you in advance

Frank

Frank Careccia

408-205-4684 (Mobile)