Re: Printing problem

On 11 Feb 2002, Antonio-Blasco Bonito wrote:
> I'm running dia-0.88.1-ximian.1 on RH 7.1
> When I try to print the nice diagram I made dia goes in cpu hungry loop.
> I've read on the FAQ that there is a problem with printing...

I blame Gnome-Print! :)  Seriously, gnome-print has been broken (AFAIR) for
a while, and a Ximian version is likely to have it enabled.  You could
check this by compiling it yourself without gnome-print and trying to print
from that.

> I then tried to export to Postscript with dia -e file.ps file.dia
> which I see produces an EPSF file.
>
> If I try to see it with ggv file.ps I get:
>
> Gdk-ERROR **: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
>   serial 2280 error_code 2 request_code 53 minor_code 0
> Gdk-ERROR **: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
>   serial 2283 error_code 9 request_code 70 minor_code 0
>
> with gs file.ps I get:
>
> Error: /limitcheck in -file-
> Operand stack:
[...]

Ugh.  Can you export it from within Dia (running interactively)?  If the
diagram is not confidential, could you send it to us (or post a link if
it's a big one)?