Re: Presentation and interactive diagrams

[10 Feb 2002 18:13:05 -0600] a écrit:

> > The only "problem" that I've found to do all the process is that Dia
> > needs a X session to work, and I was wondering if it possible to use the
> > command line export option without this need (I am not a programmer, so
> > if I'm saying stupid things, excuse me). If it's possible to do the
> > export process without any gtk-display, I think that Dia can be easily
> > use to these kind of interactive diagrams.
>
> There are fake X servers available, but running Dia without GTK would be
> difficult at best.  For one thing, text widths are calculated by GDK
> (though that can be done with FreeType now, but it asks X for font
> information, too).  Hmmm... looks like I broke PNG export in CVS by adding
> a dialog.  Gotta have a check for noninteractiveness.
>
> -Lars

Once FreeType will ask the X Font Server only, there will be more chances. I don't know why it doesn't do it yet...gotta ask now. With dia, you must have your font path defined in XF86Config, but for mozilla (as an example), that's not needed to actually get your fonts working.

--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
	- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

	 <mattam@netcourrier.com & mattam.selfhost.com>