Redhat 7.3 problems dia .90

I am just starting to use Dia. Looks great. I used visio untill Microsoft took
over. On redhat 7.3 I found an old version ..  Dia v 0.88.1, I downloaded
configed and compiled dia dia-0.90

When I run the local version I get:

ash-2.05a$ app/run_dia.sh

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkcontainer.c: line 713 (gtk_container_add): assertion
`widget != NULL' failed.

A small window opens with no menus etc....

Here's the output from ./configurConfiguration:
        Source code location:   .
        Compiler:               gcc

        Libart (AA rendering, png export):      yes

        Gnome support:                          no
        Build bonobo component (not supported): no
        Gnome-print support (not recommended):  no

        Python support:                         no
        (LIMITED) Freetype support:             no

Now type make to build dia.

I am not supscribed so please repy to warb@tgf.tc.faa.gov also.