Re: Dia ChangeLog report for Sun Dec 8 08:23:01 2002 (UTC)

Le Sun, Dec 08, 2002, à 09:25:44AM +0100, Dia ChangeLog Daemon a écrit:

> +	* app/preferences.c : changed toolbox_on_top default to
> +	false. It is currently not possible to change the behaviour
> +	at runtime, at least not on win32.

What's wrong here with default to true? (I can see it -- I just went ahead
and changed the exisiting default behaviour. OK)
As for the "at least not on win32" part, I can confirm that flipping that on
my X (GNOME2 desktop with sawfish WM) does nothing at run time. It may be a
good thing to add a warning that this setting requires restarting dia to
make an effect. What do you think?

(I have a goldfish's memory persistence; from a gtk implementation's point
of view, would it be possible to have this behaviour change work at run-time
on Win32? With the existing gtk-win32? With changes? I'll go back and check
the details on X but AFAIR, it's a basic ("atom") window hint on X, which
should be changable at run-time. Hmmm. OK, I need to add the logic so that
existing windows see the change and change the hint accordingly).