Re: How can we include implementation in DIA

> Actually, I did modify dia2code a little to my liking, but here's
> the part of dia2code which has to do with dia and is the subject
> of my question.
>
>     if ( umlo->key.implementation != NULL ) {
>         fprintf(outfile, "%s\n", umlo->key.implementation);
>     }

SO that just prints the body?

the you want to do, maybe, if there is not an implemenation
 1. determine the return type of the method,
 2. look and see if you need a return for that type
 3. create a standard empty body based on the return type.

> So, is there a way with dia to set the "key.implementation"
> variable in dia2code. I'm not too well versed with xml, but I'm
> guessing it has something to do with dia creating an attribute
> called "implementation".
>
> So does dia support this? If so how?

I would just grep out the section that writes the xml.
personally I have not looked into this, yet.

But I am very interested in this code, and will be getting into this
soon.

> I'm sorry if my question doesn't make sense or its an RTFM
> question.

it makes sense, but you are going to have to review boths sides of the
equasion, the writer and the reader.

if you need help, I can look into this tonight.
mike

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/