Re: A general box

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Dolores Alia de Saravia wrote:
> While using Dia, one sees several "dialog boxes". In these boxes
> fields of differen types appear: integer, real ,enumerate, string
> (multistring) ... which Dia uses as  needed; and some of theese fields
> influence the rendering of one or more objects.
>

> I would like that a  user like me were able to implement  similar
> boxes to register some properties. Properties which would influence
> the way the diagram  file (the XML file) will be processed.  And these
> boxes would render just as a box with a title,  showing -or not
> showing, at will- the values of fields.
[...]
>  As a possibility, I am thinking of a directory at the user's .dia to
> put the descriptions of the needed box or boxes.
>
>  Do you think it makes sense I dream of this?

I'm not quite sure I understand you.  You want the user to be able to add
properties to the Properties dialogs.  These properties wouldn't affect the
display, but would be saved in the file, useable for other programs.  Is
that right?  (Leaving aside the implementation of how the user add them.)