Re: New Shapeset -- What Will I Need To Do...?

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 21:18:26 +0200
Cyrille Chepelov <cyrille@chepelov.org> wrote:

> > First thing to do is to try avoiding GTK whatsoever.  If you can
> > create the
>
> [snip] heh, you beat me!

I asked in the past how I could recreate the UML functionality using
normal Dia constructs and someone (sorry, can't remember who) said that
consensus among Dia developers was that it's easier to implement UML
functionality using GTK than to try using the One Dia Way, because UML
does so much.

I'd be drastically relieved if it turns out that using the One Dia Way is
better, because it seems so much more understandable and usable than GTK
programming.

Are you two (Cyrille & Lars) sure about this?

Can the One Dia Way actually implement all the functionality of, say, the
UML Class properties dialogue (add 6 attributes and 6 operations with 2
parameters each)? If you still say YES, then great! I'll get to hacking.

--
Tim Ellis
Senior Database Architect