RE: new user question

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Maiorana, Jason wrote:

> Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 17:58:29 -0400
> From: "Maiorana, Jason" <jmaiorana@idirect.net>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: RE: new user question

> >i would like to know how to
> >integrate a drawing in my document word, for i use it
> >to write a report, and i need these drawings made
> >by dia in my document.
>
> since hicham brought it up, has anyone considered
> the feasability of making a dia bonobo-component?

that would not help windows users though would it.

would be pretty cool though, view dia attachments directly in
Evolution/Nautilus, maybe use plugger so you could see them in Mozilla
too.  http://fredrik.hubbe.net/plugger.html

I have wondered for ages why WMF support in Dia is windows only?
libwmf is cross platform
http://www.wvware.com/
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~caolan/docs/libwmf.html

(Abiword use libwmf too i think, says Alan cheerleader for code reuse!)

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

> >is there a policy on HTML email?
>
> I think the policy is that all html email must include
> a 1x1 transparent bitmap which is requested from a
> cgi script on a spam-server, passing it your vital
> statistics as an argument :)

dont forget to also attach the obligatory virus of the week

Microsoft!
http://www.satirewire.com/news/0103/outlook.shtml