Re: WIN32 compilation, UML Sequence Diagrams and Inheritance arrows and the spirit of GNU software.

Le Mon, Aug 19, 2002, à 07:30:42AM -0700, James Michael DuPont a écrit:

> On that note, the win32 is a popular platform.
> I cannot imagine that you would just drop it.

If I was in Hans' position, I would be tempted to say 'to hell with Win32,
Cygwin/XFree86 to a back-end machine is good enough', but he is more happy
with the Win32 platform than I am (and I sit in front of it 39hrs+/week),
and seems to have a lot of fun to help porting GTK and dia to Win32. (I hope
he's got a lot of fun; this is frequently the only reward in that GPL
business).

> If I can get this compilation going, then I will put alot more work
> into DIA. I just need a place to get started.
>
> The problems that I was having are the with getting all the versions of
> libs compiled that are needed. I will be trying again, and complaining
> if needed.

One tip: I don't know whether the gtk+ dlls have a VERSIONINFO resource; if
they do, they might point you towards the right version to use.

Grumpf.