Re: Reread file option for "image" standard object

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Alan Horkan wrote:

> The work you are doing sounds very interesting.  I wonder if dia is
> currently the most appropriate tool for the kind of circuitry work you
> are doing but nonetheless i am very glad that you are contributing to
> dia.  I think redundant development is a terrible shame and it is a pity
> that we do not have a backend engine for simulating circuitry or that
> there is not a circuit diagram program that does not use or build on top
> of some the same basic pieces as dia.  I guess all i can do to change
> this is to start building and maybe add features that would make dia more
> attractive to people designing circuitry.  When dia has many more shapes
> and plugins it might even make sense to have programs that are
> technically just dia with custom plugins and shapes distributed as a
> seperate program (but still part of the Dia collection).  Daydreaming
> again and getting totally ahead of myself, cant wait to get back to
> drawing more shapes (maybe even programming a few shapes).

If you want to do programming, here's one that I'm sure would be loved:
CPU.  An example would look like this:

     +--------+-----+
     |       in0    |
    -+ out0     dc5 +-
    -+ out1    halt +-
    -+ out2         |

Extra connectors with each their label to be added at will.