Re: Text not lining up with class box

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, John Tsangaris wrote:

>>I remember having this kind of problem long time ago.  It stems from the
>>GTK fonts not having the same width as the actual PostScript fonts.  As
>>you may see in other mails on the list, the GTK font widths are generally
>>screwy.  We've tried to hack around it, but with little luck.
>>
>>Which version of Dia are you using?
>>
>>-Lars
>>

> I'm using version 0.88.1.
>
> So if I switch desktop managers to KDE.. the problem should go away?

No, the desktop manager just manages your desktop (hence the name:).  Dia
uses GTK for its user interface, which is not easily changed.

Still, I am not seeing that problem even when I run 0.88.1.  Can you send a
diagram that shows this behaviour (if you don't want the list to see any
sensitive parts, you can mail it to me directly)?