CVS and uncompressed Dia files? (RE: Is there a more stable version than 0.88.1?)

For a little while, I was saving my UML diagrams as
uncompressed and checking them into CVS.  I wasn't very
disciplined and there was little value, since I was the
only one working on it, so I stopped.

I assumed that, because the files are written
programmatically, the output would be pretty consistent.
 New objects would show up at the end and be easy to
detect.  And modifications could be detected in context.
 But I never verified how well it actually worked (e.g.,
was every line showing up as changed?).

I wonder how practical it would be for multiple people to
work on the same Dia file simultaneously, merging there
changes through CVS?  I suppose one could even optimize
the file format for that.  Just a thought.

Rob Campbell
rob.campbell@att.net