Re: Do you know why I cant be able to use tildes and accents

On 26 Apr 2002, Lars Clausen wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Jason Maiorana wrote:
>>
>>>I see the problem, in several different incarnations.  When using
>> freetype,
>>>it doesn't render the characters right, but they seem to go in there.
>> When
>>>I try to save, it loops with 'xmlEncodeEntitiesReentrant : input not
>> UTF-8'.
>>>I can't try without UTF-8, as the --disable-unicode setting doesn't
>> work
>>>anymore.
>>
>> hrm, are you sure youre not trying to use an iso8559-1 ñ: "0xf1", and
>> not
>> a UTF-8 one: "0xC3 0xB1"
>>
>> the former is indeed not utf-8, ...
>
> I have suspicions that the Paste Text feature doesn't do UTF-8 right.

Just a followup that I have found one way to insert special chars:  xvkbd.
Will pop up a little keyboard window that can be switched between
charsets.  A quick hack for those who need special chars occasionally, but
more importantly, a way for the developers to try out other keyboards.