Re: Dia's user interface

"Young, Robert" wrote:

> > Lars Clausen wrote:
[...]
> > Now's the question:  Is there some more relevant information
> > to put there?
> > Currently selected tool?  Number of objects selected (after a select
> > operation)?  Something?
>
> Current coordinates would be great (even which page you are currently in) -
> in the currently selected units :-). When dragging, the offset from the
> original drag point in x,y and distance (sqrt(x^2+y^2)). I know this makes
> it just like a CAD program, but in many ways Dia is a CAD program - when

Some more ideas:

- While resizing a box / object; show the current size of the object
- Ditto while moving; show the current position
- When selecting objects: The number of selected objects
- When selecting (single?) object: It's size and perhaps position
- The x,y coordinates of the mouse pointer
- The unit of the coordinate system being used
- If autosaving is implemented: Flash a message (e.g. "autosaving...")
while/whenever this occurs

BTW, thoughts about what happens if the diagram is modified at the same
time as autosaving is in progress...?

-+-Ben-+-