"crash due to a fatal error"

Hello again

Please bare with me, I am starting to use Dia and finding various places,
where it behaves not quite as I would expect it to...

So, on pressing File->Plugins it segfaults (CVS-snapshot of 23.04.02).

Next, I am pretty sure there's a way to change Dia's default parameters,
like line thickness, (basis) font size, text padding (common for all
objects), but I couldn't find this in docs / mailing list...

Just tried - opened a new diagram, selected Flowchart, put a box, changed
parameters to
line width 0.2, text padding 0.2, font size 0.3. Suddenly the coursor is
in a wrong position, and now when I move the box around the coursor leaves
a black trace on the sheet...

Another problem - if in a box I first type something, then change the
parameters as above, and then try to shrink the box to the minimum - the
box is far too wide again (now I DO have a freetype support configured in
- and yes, it does help to reduce the padding, but you should really in
configure.in check not just for freetype-config, but for a version >
x.y.z, where FT_Get_Postscript_Name is already supported:-))

Sorry about this flood, I am trying to pursuade my company to use an
"open-technology" (XML / UML - based) tool, rather than Visio, and Dia
seems to be the best candidate for a replacement, but these small
problems, most of which, I am sure, are simple to fix, make it
difficult...

Thanks a lot
Guennadi
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.