status, UML fonts

Hello all

As a newcomer to UML / dia, I've got a couple of questions (to start
with:-)):
1) From the mail archive and snapshots @
http://www.crans.org/~chepelov/dia/snapshots/
it looks like dia is still being developed, maintained, but the last
release is pretty old... Does it just mean the usual lack of time of the
developer(s), or?...
2) When creating a UML class, the font, chosen by dia is VERY large (yes,
it does first complain about fonts not found...), there was a message
about these unfound fonts in the mail archive, but the suggested way to
overcome this problem was not very straightforward (an additional package
was proposed, also implicitely it was assumed, that xfs was running...),
could someone, please, provide an update on this?
3) While building the latest CVS-snapshot, after re-running autoconf
(configure was damaged), and installing libunicode from SuSE-7.3 (version
0.4), it still failed to link something in apps, so, I had to add
-lunicode to UNICODE_LIBS =

Thanks
Guennadi
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.