Re: Dia's user interface

On Sunday 21 April 2002 14:43, Lars Clausen wrote:

> <URL:http://www106.pair.com/rhp/free-software-ui.html> about
> user interfaces in open-source software, I would like to hear
> if anybody on the list knows something about user interfaces
> (more than just from having used a bunch).  If there are any,
> could you point out the worst problems that Dia has in its
> interface?  I'd like to turn some attention to that as we
> work towards a 1.0 release.

Regarding user-friendlyness, there are two other major
issues. First, the website badly needs to be updated more
often. Second, Dia needs more shapes.

As for the website, it is still a mystery to me that none
of the developers have the time to update the news section.
Pointing to the page that contains the CVS snapshots is
important, too.

As for the shapes, I'm not sure the users of this list can
do much - if they can, I guess they've already done it. I
think Dia needs more publicity, and it must be made clear
that if someone finds a shape is missing in Dia, he should
at best provide it, at worst, describe what is missing.

What do you think of having a "shape missing" report page
on the site, not unlike a bug report page?

--
adrienbeau@yahoo.com - Free account at http://mail.yahoo.com