Re: Announcing the 'Sheets and Objects' dialog

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, M. C. Nelson wrote:
> Final version including the accelerator highlighting and gnome/non-gnome
> compile options will be in the cvs shortly.  Back-burner items
> (earlier in this thread) will be addressed as I get the time/energy.

There's a problem for people who compile: Since sheets are created during
compilation for translation purposes, they appear newer than custom copies.
It's very nice that you catch that.  I don't know if we want to find a way
to avoid that problem -- normally, you wouldn't compile all that often.  It
does give problems in every update, though.  Hmmm.  Not a showstopper.
Most people will propably make their own sheets rather than change system
sheets.  Maybe we should mark the system sheets somehow?  Make them
read-only by default?  I don't know.

Ctrl-U is up, but Ctrl-D isn't down?

If you Move the topmost shape in a sheet, the next one becomes the topmost
and selected, but the Up button becomes unghosted.  Same thing with the
bottommost and Down.

I'm thinking we might want a warning if Closing without Applying or
Reverting.  The fact that the changes aren't saved may not be obvious.

Did somebody just remove all line breaks in the system sheets or something?
I didn't insert any into the Ladder sheet, yet the Ladder (Copy of system)
has some (in logical places) while the Ladder sheet doesn't.  Odd.  Side
effect of the copying for newer system sheets, maybe?

Nothing critical here.  Once the glade stuff is gone, let's put it in.
Good job!