Re: What is the current state of dia?

>From: Adrien Beau <adrienbeau@yahoo.com>
>To: dia-list@gnome.org
>Subject: What is the current state of dia?
>Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 23:48:38 -0700
>
>Hello everyone,
>
>I've discovered dia today, have used version 0.88.1 for
>several hours today and am quite impressed. :)
>
>I'm quite surprised by the lack of updates on the web site,
>though. When I first came to it and saw the date of last
>news item, I thought dia was yet another unfinished, dead
>project. I also noticed the past updates had been slow to
>come though, but the project had kept on going, so I gave
>it a try and looked at the mailing list archives, too, and
>discovered it was still alive and kicking!
>
>So, what is the current state of dia? Can anybody answer
>the following:
>
>* Has any significant feature been implemented since
>   version 0.88.1?
>
>* Is the CVS stable, at least as much as 0.88.1?
>
>* Is there something resembling the Mozilla Milestones
>   available? More recent than 0.88.1, but more stable
>   than bloody edge?
>
>* If one of the answers to the questions above is
>   "use CVS", would you be gentle enough to post the
>   commands needed to get a usable tree? I'm sorry, I
>   know I need to learn cvs someday, but I really don't
>   have time right now.
>
>Thank you!
>
>--
>adrienbeau@yahoo.com - Free account at http://mail.yahoo.com

I must agree on all this, e.g. I was also quite impressed :). I can't use
CVS (also have to learn it some day). I personally think that a lot of
people come to the dia-website but when they see the "old" news items then I
think they leave dia for what it is and try to look for another program. Too
bad, because I really think dia has a bright future.

So if the CVS version would be stable, plz plz plz bring out another
official release, plz? If possible, a windows port would be great too
(personally I use linux, but I've convinced some windows-friends of using
dia too!).
If the CVS version just wouldn't be stalble enough, than maybe you could
post a message on the dia website that dia is alive and kickin'?

greetz,
cobnet,
hoping to see the dia website change ;-)