Re: Dia shapes and complex SVG

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, David Nedrow wrote:
> Has anyone tried using a dedicated vector editing tool like Adobe
> Illustrator to create the Dia shape?
>
> I'd like to be able to export an Illustrator file to SVG and use that for
> the shape file in Dia. I know I would at least have to wrap the svg
> directives in the <shape> tags. Does anybody know if this is possible?

The better way (though more programming-intensive at first) would be to
make an SVG importer for Dia.  If you like, take a look at the XFig
importer and copy structure from there.  It may seem roundabout, but a)
it allows us to import *any* SVG file, and b) we can use Dia in conversion
mode to make the shapes.