Re: Problems with exporting UML diagrams to EPS under Win2K?

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Steffen Macke wrote:

> > When I export UML diagrams from dia as EPS files, and use them
> > in LaTeX with the graphicx package (though I think how I use
> > them is actually irrelevant), they render badly --- some of the
> > text, particularly the italic text, exceeds the boundaries of
> > the boxes.
> >
> > I am using Dia under Windows 2000, if this is relevant.
>
> I think the text bounding box is very much improved in the
> current CVS version. For the UML classes it seems to be very much
> on the save side now.
>
> Unfortunately there's no version of dia under windows available
> right now that contains this code (AFAIK).
>
> If you have access to a Linux box and are able to compile the CVS version
> of dia there, you could convert your diagrams there.
>
> If it's a one-time thing you could also send me the files for conversion.

I do (or rather will) have access to a Linux machine. I'll try
that: thanks. It's not really one-time: I need to do this
repeatedly.

Does anyone know when the next release of dia will be (either
on Windows or Linux?) I don't like tinkering with CVS! (though
dia seems so good in general that I'll give it a go this once).

Thanks,
Andrew.

--
Andrew Ferrier