Re: how do you rotate an object?

On 25 Sep 2001, Allan Gottlieb wrote:

> I have been unable to rotate objects.  Rotation is generally useful.
> My specific need was in using the ``Logic'' figures.  All the gates
> are vertical, but I need horizontal gates.  I tried the manual and
> looked at every menu that I could find.

As Robert said, rotation is mentioned in the FAQ as missing.  However, we
did get a snippet of code for rotating text in GTK, so we can add rotation
now.  The only problem remaining is how to do the interface and internal
changes.  I don't have any great ideas on how to do this, so any input/code
would be appreciated.

> With the exception of logic diagrams, dia has now replaced xfig for
> me.  With the addition of rotation, xfig will become relegated to
> maintenance used for legacy diagrams.

The Logic shapes are quite simple to make, I did them in an afternoon.
I'll see if I can make the horizontal ones as well.