Re: test release of dia-0.89

Le dim, sep 02, 2001, à 08:29:56 +0200, Steffen Macke a écrit:
> Hi,
>
> configure complained that I have libxml and libxml2 installed and that I have
> to choose one of them. Do I actually have to uninstall one of them?
> As I didn't find a configure switch for this, I tried to add
> XML2_CONFIG=""
> just before the test line in configure. This did it for configure,  but on
> running make, I get:
>
> ../lib/libdia.a(dia_xml.o): In function `xmlDoParseFile':
> /home/sdteffen/src/dia-0.89/lib/dia_xml.c:193: undefined reference to
> `xmlUseNewParser'

No wonder. xmlUserNewParser() is a function of libxml1 only. Having forced
to compile with both xml-dev installed has pulled you the libxml2 headers,
which lack this function. Been there, done that, wrote the configure test.

(do you *really* need to have both libxml *development* packages ?)

Grumpf.