Re: test release of dia-0.89

On Sun, 2 Sep 2001, Steffen Macke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> configure complained that I have libxml and libxml2 installed and that I have
> to choose one of them. Do I actually have to uninstall one of them?
> As I didn't find a configure switch for this, I tried to add
> XML2_CONFIG=""

Hmm.  I will get it to select libxml1 in this case.  That is a better
option than bombing out.

> just before the test line in configure. This did it for configure,  but on
> running make, I get:
>
> ../lib/libdia.a(dia_xml.o): In function `xmlDoParseFile':
> /home/sdteffen/src/dia-0.89/lib/dia_xml.c:193: undefined reference to
> `xmlUseNewParser'

You will probably need a newer version of libxml.  I believe that this
function was added in 1.8.13 or 1.8.14 (I think).  Will modify the
configure checks to require the later version.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/