Re: function to resize a UML class object's extent?

Le mer, nov 28, 2001, à 09:17:29 -0700, Andrew S . Halper a écrit:

> > Well, it should happen automatically when set_props is called.  That it
> > doesn't is a problem in object.c, or possibly deeper, in the properties.
> > The text is a sub-object, and its width doesn't get updated after
> > set_props.  The update_data function doesn't update the width of the text
> > object, obviously that object is expected to handle it itself.  But somehow
> > the text change is propagated to the text object without the width being
> > set?  I'm a little confused about this.  Your code looks good to me.
> > Cyrille, do you have any comments on the property updates?
>
> Dinking around in gdb in a feeble attempt to understand the code, I find, on the
> last line of lib/boundingbox.c:
>
> /* TODO: text_bbox ? */
>
> after which I said "Chepelov!" in the way Jerry used to say "Newman!" on
> Seinfeld.

Uh-oh...

(trying to sync). Which object is concerned with the problem ?

I *think* I hadn't written an explicit text_bbox routine, because it would
be basically an alias for text_calc_boundingbox() (it may be a good thing to
add an inline at the end of lib/boundingbox.h for symmetry's sake). Or maybe
it would be more something like:

void text_bbox(/* const */ Text *text,
               const ElementBBExtras *extra,
	       Rectangle *rout)
{
   text_calc_boundingbox(text,rout);
   if (!extra) return;
   rout->left -= extra->border_trans;
   rout->top -= extra->border_trans;
   rout->right += extra->border_trans;
   rout->bottom += extra->border_trans;
}

All would be missing, then, would be to plus that in the relevant update
function (again, which object ?)

Grumpf.