Re: dia getting stuck

My machine is a Sony Vaio, but dia behaved fine until recently, when this
problem started happening very suddenly.  I've tried it using twm instead
of fvwm and the same thing happens.  I noticed the last time that doesn't
die completely.  When I click and drag the mouse the tick marks on the
axes bordering the canvas respond.  But that's the only response.

Is it possible to recompile dia to provide verbose debugging information?
Or how would people advise finding what causes this problem?

Brian